To: Seneca Soccer Association Members
From: Kennedy Torres, President and SSA Board of Directors
Subject: Rush Soccer affiliation
On behalf of SSA we are pleased to announce that the SSA Board of Directors has approved the partnership with Maryland Rush and the Rush Soccer organization. Growing from the Colorado Rush, Rush Soccer is a nationally and internationally recognized youth soccer organization with over 40,000 players in over 40 soccer clubs around the US and the world. Rush has a cooperating system to share training, coaching programs, several proven player development programs and expanded player and team opportunities.
After a thorough review with many months of meetings and conference calls, the SSA’s Board is convinced that the national affiliation available from Maryland Rush and Rush Soccer provides our club members with development and playing opportunities beyond what we can provide alone. Since its inception in 1984, SSA has prided itself on our strong ties to local area families, schools and businesses. That will remain. The SSA Board views this evolution of the club as an enhancement to what Seneca currently offers to our players, coaches, and families. As a result of this partnership our new club name will be Maryland Rush Montgomery.
Rush Soccer’s objective is the development of a National Level Club Cooperative System that offers substantial opportunities for national, corporate and foundation sponsorship. Rush’s National Level Club status also provides the framework for access to National and International Coaches and player development networks by which pools of talent are considered by European, MLS, NCAA, US National and Olympic Soccer Programs. At SSA (and going forward as Maryland Rush Montgomery) our principal focus is for the development of our players and to provide the opportunity and avenues to play at any level. This partnership will increase those opportunities for our players.
We will transition all of our teams to Rush beginning in the Fall of 2012. The Board and club member volunteers will be focused on making this a successful transition.
With this evolution of our club, there are certain to be questions. We held a club meeting on Friday 03/23 where a lot of these questions were addressed. We will also be conducting coaches / trainers informational sessions and will be holding a general club session in the next few months to go over more details and answer questions. Look for announcements on the SSA website for the date(s) and time(s).
Rush Soccer program highlights include:
- Establishment of immediate club identity. Rush is one of the most respected youth soccer clubs in the nation. The Rush is known nationally for having highly competitive/selective teams, which will attract college recruiters at tournaments for those players who desire to play at the collegiate level. A strong reputation can be valuable when a team is on the bubble to be accepted in the more competitive showcase tournaments. And it can help the club attract players and teams at all ages and levels;
- College Advisory Program — to serve players whose goal is to become intercollegiate student-athletes;
- R.E.A.C.H. – Rush Equipment Assisting Children program - Through the REACH Program, Rush supports disadvantaged youth in developing countries by partnering with Rush soccer clubs, schools, nonprofit organizations, and communities to provide soccer uniforms and gear. Since the launch of the REACH Program in 2002 Rush Soccer has distributed hundreds of thousands of pieces of soccer gear to more than 30 developing countries around the world. From tsunami victims and Russian orphans, to the children of war-torn Iraq or HIV-ravaged southern Africa, REACH has given thousands of kids a chance to enjoy the game;
- Rush Fest – annual event that brings together the U12, U13 and U14 boys and girls’ teams from Rush clubs across the country;
- Efficiencies through economies of scale, 40+ clubs, 40,000+ players;
- Extensive coaching education via on line coaching tools, international partner and the Rush Way philosophy. Worldwide network of coaches;
- Extensive Player Development program with full player curriculum for every age;
- Financial assistance and sponsorship/fundraising support; *
- Goalkeeping program and Juggling Club; *
- Tutor program — intra-club training/playing opportunities;
- International travel (KNVB & Manchester United);
- Tournament opportunities with Rush branches/chapters;
- Player Loan Program - The Player Loan Program is a Rush Soccer interclub player exchange opportunity that allows players from other Rush Soccer Branch Chapters to experience playing with other teams all over the country. Its goal is to provide numerous opportunities for our members in order to facilitate and guide their development as well as helping them to achieve their individual goals and dreams;
- International Player Program;
- Rush Select – Rush “All Star” teams;
- Super Y – Highly competitive summer national summer league;
- ASL – Atlantic Soccer League; *
- Allstate Soccer Net program - Allstate has donated more than 1,400 new Allstate branded nets which have been installed at Rush Soccer facilities throughout the country
* Items under consideration by SSA-Maryland Rush Montgomery
And looking forward, see below for some of the highlights based on Rush’s Business Objectives for the next few years (FY2012 – FY2017)
- Future - Create a summer elite residential academy program exclusively for Rush players; **
- Future - Expand to the Orient; **
- Future - M.L.S. Rush Franchise; **
- Future - W.P.S. Rush Franchise; **
- Future - Rush Partnership in every State; **
- Future - 100,000 Player Base; **
- Future - Recognize as one of the top clubs (brands) in the world; **
- Future - Win African Club championship; **
- Future - State of the art training headquarters; **
- Future - Four Regional Head Quarters for live in year round training and player development; **
** Items based on Rush’s Business Objectives, not a guarantee all/any of them will become reality
We look forward to working with all of you to continue to provide all our children with the highest quality soccer experience.